Here are some helpful tips to prevent injuries:
1.BUILD UP GRADUALLY -Increase your load (running distance, weight) by no more than 10% each week.
2. DON’T BE A “WEEKEND WARRIOR” - Consistency is key!
3. WARM UP!
4. BALANCE YOUR TRAINING - Pilates can help to work on flexibility and postural control.
5. DO YOUR SPORT RIGHT - Using proper form can reduce your risk of an overuse injury.
6. DO STRENGTH TRAINING - Proven to be effective for reducing injuries (especially in women!)
7. REST and RECOVER - Allow your muscles to recover.
If you have any questions about injuries or injury prevention, please give us a call on (08) 9345 0842.