1 zucchini grated
2 small tins of tuna (in springwater or whatever flavour you like)
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1/2 onion finely chopped
1/2 cup almond meal
pinch salt & pepper
olive oil spray
1. Grate zucchini and place in strainer with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes. The salt will make the zucchini sweat out excess moisture, which you will then squeeze out through the strainer.
2. Mix zucchini, tuna, onion and almond meal together in a bowl.
3. Beat whole egg and egg whites and pour over patty mixture.
4. Spray olive oil onto a pan on medium heat. Place medium handfuls of the mixture into the pan and press with the back of a spoon until they form the thickness you desire.
5. Cook until golden brown on the outside and so the egg holds them together (~2-3mins each side).
HEALTHY HINT! To make a healthy dipping sauce, combine a few tablespoons of plain greek yoghurt, a teaspoon of chives, a squirt of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic. If you want a quick cheat- just use store bought salsa!
Enjoy with a side salad for dinner, or serve cold for lunches!